Wednesday, March 05, 2014
We spent a lonely night
* Today's sunrise.
* Depression: Miles and miles of no-man's land.
Posted by: Marie at 9:32 PM |
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
These days, 12 years after the start of America’s longest war, far fewer U.S. troops are being killed or wounded in Afghanistan. The military’s drawdown has picked up pace, and Afghans have begun to shoulder the brunt of the fighting. But the war continues to churn out American casualties by the dozen each week. Their injuries rarely make headlines.
Posted by: Marie at 9:34 PM |
Monday, March 03, 2014
Bitter cold within
* Fascinating: What Happened to All the Snow?
* Days go by and still I think of you...................
Posted by: Marie at 8:43 PM |
Sunday, March 02, 2014
No pork up in the pan
Waiting for spring.
* A glimpse at the beginning of Springfield's progressive roots: 100-year-old study a fascinating look back at Springfield history.
* The Needles.
* New diesel locomotive put into service this day in 1945 on the Alton RR between St. Louis and Chicago. (The Alton was one of two railroads that had a route called The Midnight Special. I think.)
* But you better not complain, boy, you get in trouble with the man. Let the Midnight Special shine a light on me.....
Posted by: Marie at 7:37 PM |
Saturday, March 01, 2014
There's a cross for you to bear
* Things to go through if you're goin' anywhere. Stand for the things you know are right....
Posted by: Marie at 10:26 PM |